One of the great paradoxes of life is water: This simple combination of hydrogen and oxygen is essential for creating and sustaining life but is also extraordinarily destructive. Given enough time, water can break down and destroy just about any substance in the world. Water’s fluidity allows it to go anywhere it wants to go; it flows into cracks and crevices, rolls easily around columns and barriers, and soaks into the soil and other materials, filling unseen gaps and damaging everything in its path. Moving water also gathers debris as it runs, adding additional destructive power. When your home or business experiences any kind of water damage, from small unseen leaks to major floods and everything in between, it’s important to get expert help with cleanup and repairs. Integrity Restoration & Remodeling Contractors, LLC, has the knowledge and experience to dry everything out, clean up the damage, and make the necessary repairs; we get the job done right the first time every time.
If you need emergency water removal in Roswell, GA, following a flood, follow these critical steps to protect yourself and to put you on the road to recovery:
1. Stop the flow. Do whatever you can to stop the water. Your options are limited with weather-related events, but for broken water pipes and leaking appliances, turn off the water as quickly as possible to stop the flow.
2. Make some calls. Your insurance company likely has very specific instructions for you to follow in the event of a water disaster, so call them. Document the extent of the flood with pictures and don’t touch anything or attempt any repairs until you talk to your insurance company. Take photos of your home, the water, and your possessions, including things like furniture, carpeting, walls, and art. If you’re renting, call your landlord right away. Then call a professional water damage removal company to help you remove the water and dry everything out.
3. Stay safe. Floods cause a number of serious safety hazards, and you must take precautions to protect yourself and your family. First, water and electricity do not mix; turn off the power. Second, wear protective clothing like gloves and boots when entering a flooded area. Flooding water brings lots of stuff along for the ride, including debris, harmful chemicals, and sewage.
4. Remove the water. The longer water sits in your space, the more damage it will do; you need to get the water out as quickly as possible. The quantity of water involved determines how this process goes. For small floods, you may just need a mop and some towels; larger floods require buckets, hoses, and pumps to remove the water. Integrity Restoration & Remodeling Contractors, LLC, a professional water removal services firm in Roswell, has the equipment and expertise to remove any quantity of water safely and efficiently.
5. Dry, dry, dry. Even when all the water is gone, stuff is still wet, and wet stuff can get moldy really fast. Remove what you can from the space. This includes taking out the furniture and pulling up carpets and pads; take your belongings someplace where they can dry. Run your A/C or heat around the clock and use dehumidifiers to remove excess moisture from the air to promote drying. Integrity Restoration & Remodeling Contractors has advanced moisture detection equipment to ensure that your home is returned to a dry and healthy state. Integrity will also clean and disinfect your dry home to prevent mold growth and eliminate contaminants.
6. Restore. Once your home is clean and dry again, restoration can begin. Integrity Restoration & Remodeling Contractors will put your space together, relaying carpets, repairing drywall, replacing trim and millwork, and repainting. We remove any traces of water damage, leaving you with a beautiful, clean, dry home.
If you’ve experienced water damage, call Integrity Restoration & Remodeling Contractors at (770) 966-9987. We’re the best water damage restoration company in Roswell. Our professional crews are here day and night, ready to help whenever disaster strikes.
The content on this page is for general information only and does not accurately reflect the offering and process of Integrity Restoration & Remodeling, Inc. For more information on our services, feel free to contact us at 770-966-9987 or by submitting a form here.